Administrative Assistant (Victoria Office)
buepoint consulting is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the team in our Victoria office. To succeed in this role the candidate will be detail oriented, organized and possess excellent communication skills with a positive attitude. This is a part-time or full-time position, under the direction of the office manager.
You will be working closely with our engineers and technologists and will provide high level administrative support to all members of our team. The job may include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
-Scheduling meetings with clients
-Preparing contracts and agreements
-Preparing engineering documents
-Answering and transferring phone calls
-Using project management software to input new projects
-Proficient with Google applications including Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar and Keep
-Excellent written and verbal communication
-Experience in an administrative position is an asset
Please submit resumes (PDF) to email@example.com and complete the following proficiency test: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-IFBXWBD25?u=151716
Structural Engineer (Victoria Office)
We are currently looking for a structural engineer to join the team at our Victoria office. You will be working closely with our technologists and staff to manage and complete projects. The job may include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Perform structural analysis and design for a variety of municipal, residential, commercial, and industrial projects, including existing buildings and structures.
- Complete structural calculations and prepare and edit structural specifications.
- Conduct seismic assessments and upgrades of existing buildings and structures.
- Assist and provide input in preparing fee proposals for structural related aspects of a project.
- Coordinate and guide technical staff in preparation of contract drawings and documents and other work tasks.
- Coordinate structural designs and documents with other disciplines (Architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and landscaping, etc.)
- Provide structural engineering support during construction, review shop drawings, attend site meetings, respond to requests for information and carry out field reviews.
- Interact with clients.
- Participate in the development of quality production and service standards and liaise with other office locations.
- Collaborate with architects and designers and building contractors on design and construction of projects
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can manage a project with oversight from proposal phase to construction reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Structural Analysis and Design.
- Registered or eligible for registration within 6 months as a Professional Engineer with APEGBC (EGBC).
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Canada. Experience in construction is an asset.
- Knowledge of BCBC Part 9 design codes and standards, including seismic design and detailing requirements.
- Proficient in structural engineering design software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Geotechnical experience is an asset but not required.
We are a firm that loves to use new technologies and materials without throwing out the tested and true. We work smart and are not afraid of change. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us your resume and we will set up a time to chat!