Engineering Technologist (Victoria Office)
we are seeking an Engineering Technologist with experience and/or working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, 3D modeling skills and engineering terminology. Successful candidates must be highly motivated, detail oriented and able to receive, execute, and communicate ideas effectively in a fast-paced work environment. You will be working directly with Engineers to complete projects assigned that may include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- 3D modeling as needed.
- Contribute to pre-work briefings
- Review and coordinate plans with engineers based on standards and design requirements.
- Ensure that drawings are buildable and optimized for cost-effective construction
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Communicate revisions to applicable personnel.
- Draft all aspects of structural engineering design including and not limited to conceptual plans, elevations, floor and roof framing, details, and site plans.
- Review and complete plan changes for modified plans, corrections or new standards based on mark-ups, sketches, and verbal or written instructions
- Review and coordinate shop drawings
- Site work
Structural EIT (Victoria Office)
we are currently looking for a structural EIT to join the team at our Victoria office. You will be working closely with our engineers, designers and project managers to complete projects assigned that may include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Perform structural analysis and design for a variety of concrete, steel, and wood structures.
- Writing and editing technical reports,
- Perform construction reviews and structural assessment of existing structures.
- Providing efficient, effective, and timely solutions to structural design problems
- Produce structural calculations and drawings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
- Engineering degree.
- Working knowledge of the building and construction process as it relates to single family, multi-family and light commercial wood framed construction.
- Understanding of local building codes and construction practices.
- Attention to detail is essential to meet the expectations of this position.
- Must be a registered Engineer-in-Training or eligible for registration
We are a firm that loves to use new technologies and materials without throwing out the tested and true. We work smart and are not afraid of change. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us your resume and we will set up a time to chat!